Friday 22 February 2013

Task #2 - media favourites2

           I stumbled upon this video about a year ago now, and found it incredibly fascinating. It is a short film, uploaded exactly two years ago today actually, produced by students at Emory University. The idea of it revolves around a university-aged man who accidentally ingests the wrong pills, and the last couple minutes of his life. It explores the phenomenon of "what would you do if you only had one day (or 5 minutes) left to live?" I can say without a word of a lie that I have watched it over ten times and each time there is another layer uncovered, or something else there that I didn't notice before.

        The film and how it is put together is a great inspiration for me. One day I hope to direct and produce movies, or work in the film industry, and seeing something like this opens my mind up to the endless possibilities of creativity exerted into this film. The creativity used to create something like this is abslutely mind-blowing. Whether you have a deep appreciation for the film arts like I do, or just like to be entertained, this video is amazing for all. My round of applause goes to everyone that was a part of it, for it truly is an amazing short film. I'm sure that the makers have great careers ahead of them, if they don't already now.


Ps. Check out other Emory University short films, or any short films in general. Most are extremely creative and interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment